Sunday, January 24, 2010

Beatlemania!

In recent weeks I've become obsessed with Beatles Rock Band on the Wii. I've spent hours playing all the classics, usually by myself! But its also allowed me to get to know other songs of theirs that I hadn't heard before.

As a result I've been delving through the archives. However, it wasn't the original versions, but some of the covers by other artists that I found most entertaining. When one thinks of Beatles cover versions, Joe Cocker and The Carpenters are some of the names that immediately spring to mind. Here's some of the more obscure ones..

Petula Clark, she of "Downtown" fame, with a nice take on Sgt Pepper...



All thats good about the 80s...watch out for Robert Smith of The Cure.




All that's wrong with the 80s! Although still vaguely entertaining...

2 comments:

  1. That 'Back in the USSR' one is slightly insane...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Ukraine Boys" look quite scary alright...

    ReplyDelete